I was very honored to be featured in the July 2017 issue of Parent’s Magazine discussing the “Best of Drug Store Beauty!” Recommendations are tailored to the Southern heat!
Best of Drug Store Beauty: Hot in the South
- Chill aid: “Keeping cool is essential for clear skin,” explains Jacquelyn Dosal, M.D., a dermatologist in Miami, who uses this soothing mist to refresh skin on steamy days. La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water, $13.
- Melt-proof mouth: Long-lasting lip tints may not budge for hours, but most feel really drying. “This one isn’t at all” says Ramon Rosado, a makeup artist in Hollywood, Florida. Palladio Velvet Matte Cream Lip Color in Sateen, $7.
- Smooth move: “I see a lot of patients with frizzy hair in the summer. One way to help prevent it is to switch to this sulfate-free shampoo,” says Dr. Dosal. Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo, $6.
- Good clean fun: Battle the oily skin you get in summer with a lightweight gel cleanser that is both effective and gentle. “This one cleans deeply but leaves skin soft and supple because it helps you retain moisture,” says Dr. Dosal. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel, $8.
- Fine-line fix: Retinoids, a derivative of Vitamin A, are the antiaging gold standard, but “they’re too irritating for some patients,” says Patricia Farris, M.D., a dermatologist in Metairie, Louisiana. “I tell them to pick up this retinol serum ins read.” RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Serum, $23.
- Underarm armor: An antiperspirant you can count on in the sticky South: “This protects for 48 hours and evens out the dark marks I’m prone to under my arms,” says Alicia Barca, M.D., a dermatologist in Miami. Dove Advanced Care Clear Tone Antiperspirant, $5.
Parents Magazine, July 2017, page 76.